I couldn’t think of anything super cool to tell you guys this week, so here’s a list of stupid shit that grosses me out.
1. Library books. I can’t touch them because I can feel the grime and then I have to wash my hands right away and then no reading gets done.
2. Indoor plants. I can’t sleep in a room that has a plant next to the bed. I feel like I might accidentally get a dead leaf in my mouth. Ditto for eating at a table with flowers on it. Too much nature involved for breakfast.
3. The smell of flowers. I don’t know what that’s all about, but flower smells just give me a vague nauseated feeling.
4. Snoring. It makes me think of snot.
5. I can’t stand to look at scrambled eggs, particularly if they’re lukewarm.
6.The smell of plain or vanilla yogurt makes me gag.
7. Feeling body heat on any surface. Like a toilet seat or an office chair.
8. Ears. I clean mine about three times a day, and clean my fiance’s whenever he will let me.
9. Wet jeans. I would rather wander around half naked than let wet denim touch my skin.
10. Wet paper. I hate how it disintegrates.
11. Hearing my fiance eat. I think hearing people eat is probably a common thing that makes people sick, but it only seems to bother me when I can hear Peter. Especially if he is eating Easy Mac.
12. Touching cotton balls. I feel like I want to scratch all the skin off my hands after.
13. Hearing anything about veins or organs or blood. I feel the need to violently shake out my whole body when this happens.
14. When I was younger, the thought of breathing the same air I had just breathed seriously skeeved me out. Having to put my head down on a desk in elementary school was torture.
15. Butterflies and moths being near any food. They have dust on their wings, and I think it could maybe come off from all the wing flapping.
16. Food touching on a plate. Particularly if there are juices/sauces involved.
17. The smell of cantaloupe (rock melon for you crazy Australians). It always smells spoiled to me.
18. Hearing people breathe. Another thing that makes me think of snot.
19. Banana peels. They feel weird, smell awful, and have a creepy texture.
20. Malt-o-meal. The surface of it has reminded me of lizard scales ever since I ate it while watching an episode of Bill Nye about dinosaurs. It still tastes delicious though, so I just eat it without looking.
Smearing green goo on my face doesn’t gross me out though. Mostly it makes me feel like a dinosaur.